Monday, April 2, 2018

New Recipes! Pastelon (Puerto Rican Lasagna), Easy Stovetop Asparagus, Skillet Chicken with Fennel, and More!

Latest recipes from Simply Recipes.
Simply Recipes
 

Here is your update from Simply Recipes.
Happy cooking!

Pinterest
 

Pastelón (Puerto Rican Plantain "Lasagna")

by Marta Rivera

Pastelón, the Puerto Rican layered meat and sweet plantain pie, is one of those recipes that can divide families.

Being a "Nuyorican" (a Puerto Rican from New York), I found this to be true when my husband and I came together over our first dish of pastelón. As a native Puerto Rican, he argued that my version "wasn't the real deal."

It was as real to me as his attitude, so I defended my version tooth and nail!

 

How to Cook Asparagus on the Stovetop

by Elise Bauer

How to Boil Asparagus

Hello spring and hello asparagus! What’s your favorite way to cook asparagus?

I love them grilled, roasted, baked in to a frittata, or made into soup. But if I’m honest with you, the method I use most often to cook asparagus is to shallow boil them on the stovetop.

 

Roasted Chicken Thighs with Fennel and Orange

by Aaron Hutcherson

Skillet Chicken with Fennel and Orange

Although this chicken with fennel and orange is great any time of the year, it’s especially welcoming toward the end of winter when you’re looking for something lighter to offset the heavier, stick-to-your-ribs dishes we tend to feast on during the colder months.

Savory Dutch Baby Pancake with Salmon and Fried Egg

by Sally Vargas

Puffy Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe with Whole Wheat Flour

My first food memory is of sitting on a kitchen countertop watching Anna, the young German woman who came to our house to help with cleaning and tidying, pull a puffy pancake out of the oven.

It was the biggest pancake I had ever seen. She slathered it with butter, sprinkled it with lemon, and doused it with a snowy shower of powdered sugar. I was fascinated.

Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Muffins

by Megan Gordon

Chocolate Chip Muffins Gluten-Free

There's a coffee shop by our house in Seattle that makes a great, substantial chocolate chip muffin with a nice crusty top that isn't at all too sweet. I'm quite smitten with it.

Recently, I decided to recreate them at home, only making them gluten-free and dairy-free so we could share them with our extended family and friends, many of whom have food sensitivities and allergies.

 
Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Dinners & Sides That Will Solidify Autumn As The Best Season

+Our top fall products at Costco right now. View in Browser JOIN SHOP COOK Cacio E Pepe Brussels Sprouts Will Be The Unexpecte...