Tuesday, May 8, 2018

NEW! Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes, Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp, Stacked Enchiladas, and more!

Latest recipes from Simply Recipes.
 

Here is your update from Simply Recipes.
Happy cooking!

Pinterest
 

How to Make Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes

by Summer Miller

Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes from Scratch

We make pancakes weekly in our house. Most of the time, I substitute half of the all-purpose flour with spelt or whole wheat pastry flour and top our pancakes with fruit, but sometimes it's nice to go with a classic like Buttermilk Pancakes.

For this recipe, I wanted to make fluffy, light, and airy buttermilk pancakes with crisp edges, and a slightly sweet, buttery flavor. Forty pancakes later, I was happy with my results: I finally figured out how to avoid the common pitfalls of dense, chewy, eggy, or rubbery pancakes.

Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp

by Irvin Lin

Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp

Rhubarb season is here, and I'm excited to make anything and everything with it!

For most folks, strawberry rhubarb pie is the immediate go-to dessert. Although I adore that classic pie, making a crisp is not only significantly easier, but it allows you to serve it to a larger group of people—everyone can scoop out as much as they want!

 

Texas Stacked Enchiladas with Corn and Black Beans

by Sally Vargas

Vegetarian Stacked Enchiladas

In my early days of cooking, I had a friend from California who introduced me to what she called Texas Enchiladas. Instead of the usual filled and rolled enchiladas, the tortillas were fried, dipped in sauce, sandwiched with filling and then stacked in layers.

I have not been able to discover the exact origin of this version of enchiladas, but I think they are popular in Northern Mexico, west Texas and in New Mexico.

The bottom line: delicioso!

 

Meal Plan for May Week 2

by Megan Gordon

May Week 2 Meal Plan

This month, Megan Gordon is back with us sharing her weekly meal plans! Megan is a writer and recipe developer living in Seattle, WA, the author of Whole Grain Mornings, and mom to a 2-year-old. Please welcome Megan!

I spent some time last week stocking up on spring produce — nothing gets me feeling more inspired to step into the kitchen than new, seasonal veggies!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

20+ Solo Dinner Ideas For When You're On Your Own (But Still Need To Eat Like An Adult)

+How clean are your food storage containers really? View in Browser JOIN SHOP COOK Tomato, Basil, Feta Omelet Quesadilla Is A ...