Sunday, October 27, 2019

New Recipes! Slow Cooker Pot Roast, Angel Biscuits, Vegetarian Lentil Soup, and MORE!

Latest recipes from Simply Recipes.
 

Hi, my name is Emma.

Have we met?! Guys, it occurred to me this week that I've been writing you these letters for...a year? Two years? *gasp* THREE years? I honestly can't remember. And I also can't remember if I ever actually introduced myself. I'm sorry to say, I think I haven't!

So, starting today, I'd like to do something slightly different with these "letters from the editor" that I've been writing you weekly. I want to tell you more about myself. More about the rest of the editors and writers that make Simply Recipes happen, and what we're working on behind the scenes. And also, more about how I personally cook and the cooking lessons I've learned over years of developing and editing recipes. Sound good?!

Ok, I'll start with myself: Hi! My name is Emma. I'm the editor-in-chief for Simply Recipes, which means that I'm responsible for every recipe, tip, and round-up that goes up on the site. I also do a lot of other things, like planning out our content for the year, managing our team of full-time editors and part-time contributors, and making sure everyone gets paid on time.

Before Simply Recipes, I was a writer and editor for The Kitchn.com for about 8 years (you can check out my recipes here!). And before THAT I was an editor for a college textbook publisher in Boston. Boston is also where I eventually went to culinary school and had some of my first jobs in the food world, including as a kitchen assistant at America's Test Kitchen (talk about a fun gig!).

I was thrilled when Elise asked me to come work for her, and still pinch myself every day. Simply Recipes was one of the first sites that I, myself, learned to cook from back when I was a measly editorial assistant working on freshman anthropology textbooks in a tiny office cubicle. It feels incredible to be here now!

Ok, I've probably talked long enough!

Onward to this week's recipes. Talk soon!

XO,
Emma

Pinterest
 

Air Fryer Avocado Fries

by Nick Evans

Perfectly crispy on the outside with a creamy inside, these Air Fryer Avocado Fries are terrific served alongside a simple spicy ranch dip.

Vegetable Lentil Soup

by Sally Vargas

Three things make this vegetarian lentil soup so good: caramelized onions, toasted tomato paste (it's easy!), and lots of carrots and celery. Make a big pot to have some now and save some for later—this soup is freezer friendly!

Angel Biscuits

by Irvin Lin

Are you ready for the lightest, fluffiest biscuits ever? Angel biscuits have a heavenly texture because they're made with baking soda, baking powder, AND yeast. They will be a new favorite!

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

by Summer Miller

Pot Roast with gravy is comfort food at its finest. Put it in a slow cooker to make all of your chilly winter dreams come true. Carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms cook low and slow along with the roast while you're at work. Dinner is ready when you are!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Ultimate One-Pan Cookbook is Here!

One-pan recipes the whole family will love ...