Sunday, November 3, 2019

New Recipes! Pear Cake with Cinnamon Sugar, Slow Cooker Meatballs, Cheesy Taco Pasta Skillet, and MORE!

Latest recipes from Simply Recipes.
 

Hi, friends!

We've been chatting about gift guides and favorite cookbooks of 2019 back at Simply Recipes HQ in preparation for holiday posts, and that got me thinking. Do you remember the first cookbook you ever bought for yourself? I do!

It was the King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion and it was probably 2005 or 2006. I had borrowed it from the library and already renewed it the maximum number of times, so I decided I'd better just buy it. I remember that it cost $35 at the bookstore down the street, which felt like an absolute FORTUNE to me in those days.

The first thing I baked was a pie. A strawberry-rhubarb pie based on their Basic Fruit Pie recipe, to be exact. I remember it so clearly. I loved how the Baker's Companion broke down the different types of crust I could make, thickeners to use, and each individual step. I'm the type of person who likes to understand the "why" behind everything, and their way of explaining spoke to my nerdy little heart.

I don't actually remember the pie itself, to be honest. What I remember most was that process of making it and feeling so proud when I pulled it out of the oven. It actually looked like a pie! And I'd made it! All by myself! This was several years before I even thought about switching my career to food, but it was definitely the start of something joyful.

This week, why don't we all take a look at our cookbook bookshelves and see if there are any special friends we haven't cooked from in a while? Personally, I have a hankering for pie...

XO,
Emma

Pinterest
 

Butternut Squash Enchiladas

by Sally Vargas

Butternut squash enchiladas are a vegetarian dinner dream. The slightly sweet combination of squash combined with the rich, earthy spices of ancho chili powder, cumin, and oregano create a sure-to-please vegetarian take on a classic.

Valerie Brunmeier's Cheesy Taco Pasta Skillet

by Carrie Havranek

Tacos and pasta! Why didn't we put these two together before? This one-skillet dish full of Southwestern flavors and pasta comes together in a flash with pantry staples. Your new favorite weeknight go-to!

Dutch Apple Pie

by Summer Miller

Let the scent of apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove fill the air while this crumble-topped Dutch Apple Pie bakes away in your oven. Fall has never tasted so good. You can also freeze and bake this pie when you're ready.

Slow Cooker Meatballs in Tomato Sauce

by Summer Miller

This easy slow cooker meatball recipe uses a blend of beef and Italian turkey sausage for a lightened-up version that still makes a flavorful, juicy meatball. Perfect for a weeknight dinner served over pasta or with toothpicks at tailgating party!

Pear Cake with Cinnamon Sugar

by Sally Vargas

This super-easy cake is laced with cinnamon and sugar and topped with ripe pears. It's perfect for entertaining or as a replacement for Christmas morning cinnamon rolls. But don't save it only for special occasions. This pear cake comes together so easily, you'll want to make it every night of the week!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

30+ Fall Breakfast Ideas That Pair Perfectly With Your PSL

+Can poppy seeds really make you fail a drug test? View in Browser JOIN SHOP COOK These Salted Caramel Pear Fritters Are Proof...