Monday, June 15, 2020

One Simply Terrific Thing: Kuhn Rikon's Vegetable Peeler

 
One Simply Terrific Thing: Kuhn Rikon’s Vegetable Peeler

One Simply Terrific Thing: Kuhn Rikon’s Vegetable Peeler

Want to see more Simply Terrific Things? Check out the list here!

Isn’t it great when the best product is one of the cheapest? How often does that happen?

But that’s the case with the Kuhn Rikon peeler. It’s only $5 (at most cookware stores, $7.95 on Amazon) and it’s the sharpest peeler around.

This is the only peeler I use. I even gave a bunch to my family members as stocking stuffers one year!

Here’s why the Kuhn Rikon peeler tops my list of all-time best peelers:

  • The blade is made of carbon steel, which is why it’s so sharp and stays sharp.
  • It glides over vegetables and removes peels with barely any effort. Unlike other peelers, where I felt like I had to hack at the vegetable repeatedly, with the Kuhn Rikon peeler I just flick, flick, flick, flick, done.
  • I like that it’s smaller and lighter than other peelers. It’s less fatiguing on my hands if I’m trying to peel my way through a pot of potatoes or a big bunch of carrots.

But note! This peeler is not dishwasher-safe. The carbon steel blade will rust if left in water. This is the biggest complaint I’ve heard about with this peeler — people saying it rusted right away. In my experience, as long as you keep the peeler dry, you won’t have that issue. When I’m done using it, I rinse it off, dry it immediately, and put it away. I have a few of these peelers and so far I haven’t had any issues with rusting.

My favorite peeler, hands down.

Cheers to good tools!

-Cambria
Product and Lifestyle Director

 
Simply Recipes on Pinterest Simply Recipes on Facebook Simply Recipes on Instagram Twitter
Simply Recipes on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

45+ Baked Pasta Recipes That Couldn't Be Easier

+We tried cottage cheese ice cream so you don't have to. View in Browser JOIN SHOP COOK You Should Be Layering Your Baked ...